Moderatori: Harold Barrel, Watcher, Hairless Heart

Rispondi
Humdrum
Vintage Rocker
Vintage Rocker

Keith Tippett RIP

Messaggio da Humdrum »

KEITH TIPPETT RIP
Un'altro pezzo dei King Crimson ci ha lasciati....
Vi lascio al commento di Sid Smith sul sito di Robert Fripp DMG Live

Jun 15, 2020

Keith Tippett RIP

Keith Tippett who appeared on In The Wake Of Poseidon, Lizard and Islands, has died aged 72. The pianist had been ill for some time though the cause of death has not been released. Tippett was invited to become a full-time member of King Crimson after his initial guest appearance on Poseidon but he declined the offer which would have involved Fripp and Tippett sharing an equal say in the band's musical direction.

Fripp and Tippett maintained a friendship that saw Fripp producing Tippett's large ensemble work, Septober Energy by the 50-strong ensemble, Centipede in 1971. Fripp produced other albums by Tippett, including Blueprint (1972), 1988's Couple In Spirit (with Keith's wife, Julie), and 1990's 66 Shades Of Lipstick with saxophonist Andy Sheppard. Keith once remarked that Robert was "a safe pair of ears to have around the recording studio." Writing this morning, Robert comments, "Keith Tippett is one of three musicians of my generation who continues to influence and guide my musical thinking. Keith’s music speaks for itself. Perhaps less well-known is Keith’s stature as an ethical musician, a good man. Fly well, Brother Keith! My gratitude to you."
[tears]
"Mi piacevano molto i Genesis con Peter Gabriel.Quando Peter ha lasciato il gruppo, ho smesso di seguirli." RICK WRIGHT(Pink Floyd)
aorlansky60
Vintage Rocker
Vintage Rocker

Re: Keith Tippett RIP

Messaggio da aorlansky60 »

Rimarrà di certo nella mia memoria per le emozioni che il suo pianoforte mi ha recato fin dai primi ascolti di "ISLANDS" tanto tempo fa, e poi anche di "LIZARDS".
Ama tutti, credi a pochi, non far male a nessuno.
Lorenzo Mentasti
Grande Rocker
Grande Rocker

Messaggio da Lorenzo Mentasti »

RIP
"Mother, didn't need to be so high."
Watcher
Amministratore
Amministratore

Messaggio da Watcher »

Lo ricordo soprattutto per Dedicated to You, But You Weren't Listening del 1970.
Bellissimo album. [suddito]
Sii te stesso; tutti gli altri sono già occupati. (Oscar Wilde)
Hairless Heart
Moderatore Globale
Moderatore Globale

Messaggio da Hairless Heart »

Leggo che era sposato con Julie Driscoll. Una famiglia ad alto coefficiente artistico. [suddito]
R.I.P.
-Non ci sono più le mezze stagioni.
-Si stava meglio quando si stava peggio.
-Band on the Run è troppo bassa.
Rispondi